Thursday, June 2, 2011

Telling Secrets

I'm good at keeping secrets, unless they're my own. There are some things that I'd really like to keep quiet until I decide what I'm going to do about them, but I can't!
Here's a spoiler to my secrets.



Ten inches would help build a wig for a child without hair and give me the change that I'm so desperately craving.
I have long, shiny, healthy hair. I might be bragging a little bit, but it's a fact pertinent my story. You see, it is lovely, and I'm a little sick of it.
Or maybe I just need change. You hear about girls who have a bad break up and snip go the scissors or they break out the dye bottles. I don't want to dye this mane of mine anymore, so maybe it's time for a change.

It's not a break up that I'm trying to cut out, I think. It's just the crazy in my life. I'm crazy busy (I worked eleven and a half hours yesterday)crazy confused (school. duh.) and just a little crazy. And sometimes change is just a good thing, no?
And a new look would just be fun, I think. I've been rocking long and straight for AGES.




This is one idea. Maybe with some bangs, or as they say in England, "fringe."

Some things to consider:
*I am as low maintenance as they come. I don't curl, or straighten, or blow dry, or add ANY product. This morning I didn't even brush my hair. It's straight enough that I can comb it with my fingers and braid it and no one's the wiser. (Well, unless my boss noticed. She should comment if she did.) ;)
* I have to be able to get it into a single French braid by mid August. My folk dance dreams are loosely tied into my braid. Really. It's that important.
*I'm poor. I'll splurge for a good cut, but not to get it re-cut and re-cut and re-cut and re-cut so I need something that grow out decently.

What do I do?

And for one last piece of my mind:



I look cute with short hair. Relatively.

2 comments:

  1. Easy answer:

    I'll cut it for you :) That way you won't have to splurge! Bahaha just kidding... But Brittany is proof that I have the guts to cut a good amount of the Wilcox girl's famous locks without too guilty in the end.

    Miss you!! Just because I won't be seeing you every other month or so for awhile doesn't mean like we can't pretend, so let's talk okay? Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go with Angie's suggestion. Or I'll cut it. Y'know. Whatever.

    But good for you! It's such a little thing but I consider it a major plus in my life to have donated my hair before. I'm growing it out to donate again and I'm telling you - it's so sweetly worth it.

    Oh yes, and if you go to the right salon and donate your hair, it's a free haircut. They'll make it cute - I promise!

    ReplyDelete