Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Registries and Receptions

Even as school progresses and I start a new job (assistant executive cleaning lady) the wedding plans are moving forward. As they should be; there are only 87 days left!!

Our current project is creating a wedding registry. We registered at Bed, Bath and Beyond because we don't know any other place, really.
My question to you marrieds out there: What was the most interesting (bizarre) gift you got? Which was your favorite that you registered for? Which was your favorite that you didn't register for?
Right now I'm excited for a salad spinner. It just sounds so nice to be at home with my nice little husband and my nice little salad spinner. Perhaps I'll always cook in heels, a dress and pearls, also. ;)

My constant daydream is the reception. It just gets better every (almost) time I think about it. Last Sunday Russell mentioned that a girl in his Spanish class had had a carnival themed reception. It was so hard to concentrate in church after that as I imagined light pink cotton candy, personalized popcorn bags, and those funny body frames.

Like this one:


Except with a bride and groom instead of cheerleader and football player.

1 comment:

  1. Registries are fun! I hope you guys are having fun making yours!

    I think (Brian may or may not agree) our favourite/most useful gift was probably our Crockpot. OH OH OH. With a gift cert. we got, we ended up buying a bullet blender type blender. They are perfect for blending up salsa or single serving smoothies!

    We did put some stuff on our registries that we didn't necessarily need (therefore didn't want sometimes when all is said and done) and got them. I feel bad for wasting people's money on unnecessary items...just a little advice :)

    And if you would like more ideas for places to register (we ended up registering at 3 for different price points and more options):
    Macy's
    Crate and Barrel
    Target
    Amazon

    Have a good school-work balanced wedding-planning semester!!

    ReplyDelete