Sunday, October 18, 2009

Unfriending rules

Today as been, in a word, slow, but by no means unsatisfactory. It was full of chill time, family bonding time, and vegging time. If only it were a three day weekend so I could justify my lack of doing anything important (that is, scholastic.) One again, I failed to do homework, and my SAT II Spanish test studies have been limited to reading the practice book while brushing my teeth. Admittedly, I brush my teeth for quite a long time, and am actually learning from these mini study sessions. But yes, I chilled.

Upon waking (at the glorious hour of 9:45...no Nutcracker!) I checked my Facebook. I'm a bit of an addict. I tried to look up an old friend, only to find I had been deleted from his contact list! What is the etiquette that goes along with unfriending someone? Sure, I've deleted several people, but only because I really didn't like them, or had no memory of ever meeting them. Now, maybe he really doesn't like me, because I'm certain he remembers me. Or are there different rules that apply to Facebook friends that I just don't know about?

As sad as this is, what's worse is that it's the second time it's happened in the last two months. Have I suddenly become a cyber-leper?

This is irrational. Whether or not I'm a Facebook friend with someone shouldn't matter. They're still very nice people, and I'm still, you know, me. But hey, maybe I want to Facebook stalk you! (Or maybe that's why they unfriended me. I guess that'd make sense....) Maybe I should thank them. FB stalking someone can't be too healthy. At the very least it's a waste of time.

And with that I bid you tonight. Pray tomorrow I'll be more coherent. :)

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He may not of deleted you because he no longer likes you but because he likes you too much.

    Pain can be, powerful. Like hormones it can make us do things we don't want or realize we are doing.

    But be assured, sero tuo per sempre.

    ReplyDelete