Friday, March 18, 2011

leading them on....vending machine style

I only have five minutes to write this before I have to head to American Heritage, but....yeah. You know.

Coming out of folk team today, I went to the vending machine. As I turned from the machine with my granola bar, a guy smiled at me. So I said hi. And then we talked for a couple of minutes while he microwaved his food. It was a nice conversation. Nothing too important (considering this was a vending machine conversation, that makes perfect sense.) When I was about to walk away he asked if I'd ever want to do anything and, "No, thank you. I just liked talking with you." I told him I have a boyfriend. He did not look happy (confused more like) and I felt a little bit like a witch. Leading that poor boy on by talking to him at a vending machine.

So I ask you, to spare all men that may want to talk to me in the future, should I just walk away because I have a boyfriend? Not talk? Who's more in the wrong here? Me or this culture?

Aggh.
And you can answer that question honestly. I won't take offense.

1 comment:

  1. It's easy: don't have a boyfriend. Be casual, be fun, be spontaneous! I wish I had done more of this while I was your age. The world has so many sweethearts to meet and adventures to have with new people!

    Simple as it gets.

    ReplyDelete